帖子
精華
DB
註冊時間
2013-02-04
跳轉到指定樓層
1#
發表於 2013-02-04 20:24 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽
This is a reply to the locked thread regarding make grammar mistakes and stuff.
Not that I might die if I don spit out the words but I suffered it before with lots of painful memories so I felt I should point out things to help out.
I currently know 3.5 languages and I struggled the same journey as many people here.
And now after years I started to be able to spot people that are making the same type of mistake like what I did before.
For example, there was a programme held during my college days where the students from mainland China came over to experience life for a period of time. I still remember the time when they tried to give a speech and somehow mentioned something like "the fish was newly killed".  I know that perfectly in chinese term but you see the problem, it rather doesn't make so much sense in english by just stating that the fish is fresh or something.
This is was an example of when people start to take up another language but still think in their primary influence, which is what they been soaking in from day 1.
Its not really grammar, or vocab. Its rather that you need to find the corresponding terms in another culture.
So, to go safe, use the standard type/ template sentences is the best way to make sure you expression are going to be comprehensive/understood.
But try to absorb more and understand it before you want to construct something entirely new from the ground up or play around with them.

Hope it helps.
回覆

使用道具 舉報

跋山涉水的旅行者

帖子
精華
DB
註冊時間
2011-09-11
2#
發表於 2013-02-18 14:42 |只看該作者
Usually the best and only way to do this is to live in a country that speaks the language primarily. Otherwise, cultural references will still be hard to understand even with perfect grammatical abilities.
回覆

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 註冊

手機版|2DJGAME 多元化AMCG站

GMT+8, 2024-04-27 10:10 , Processed in 0.028912 second(s), 23 queries .

• 2DJGAME

© 2003-2019

回頂部